SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2005

From:
Dashamir Hoxha <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 07:56:02 +0100
I think that it is a bug too.

I have also noticed some problems with disc partitions.
Initially they are commented and this is obviously by design.
Then I uncomment them and modify them in order to use the
existing partitions, but it doesn't work. There is always some
kind of error message and I never managed to do a re-installation
totally automatically. I comment the partition instructions in ks.cfg
and during installation select the partitions manually. I have two
disks in my server and I am trying to use RAID1, and maybe this
makes things a little bit more complicated for the kickstart file.

In general, I don't like the policy of protecting the user from himself.
The default assumption in Linux/UNIX is that the user knows
what he is doing.