SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2006

From:
Eva Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eva Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2006 10:52:41 +0000
> > When I boot from the boot CD and press Return at the boot prompt, the
> > install hangs at
> >
> > PCI: Probing PCI hardware (bus 00)
> >
> > Searching the archives suggested typing "linux all-generic-ide
> > pci=nommconf" at the boot prompt, though I am not clear what these
>
> You can try it without without the pci=nommconf part.  I have only had to
> use
>
>  linux all-generic-ide
>
> for my 965 based motherboards.

Dear Connie,
Unfortunately this didn't work - I tried it and it froze at exactly
the same point.  I also tried just

linux pci=nommconf

which did not freeze, but I assume that this would cause problems
later in the install process?

The networking issue now seems to have been tracked down to our
firewall, but if I'm wrong about this I'll email again with all the
data you asked for.
Eva.