SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2011

From:
Simon Butcher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Simon Butcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 2011 15:10:24 +0000
Hello

Attempting to perform a network kickstart from a local mirror on a Dell
Optiplex 380 with the onboard Broadcom BCM57780 Gigabit ethernet controller.

It appears that the pxe boot kernel on SL60 does not have the drivers,
although SL55 definitely has them and we regularly kickstart these
machines with SL55 (and SL54 i think also worked). SL53 did not.

However for SL60 not to have them is a considerable regression. I am
using the pxeboot images mirrored from:
http://rsync.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6.0/i386/os/images/pxeboot/

Anyone have any insights, or confirm/deny this behaviour for this
network card (or workarounds not involving physical media)?

regards
--
Simon Butcher
Computer and IT Systems Manager