SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2011

From:
Chris Tooley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Tooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Apr 2011 11:50:05 -0700
Just thought I would voice my support for VirtualBox over vmware. Feel
free to ignore this email if you're set on VMware :)

However, I've found virtualbox to be just as good if not better, and
it's completely free.  Although, Virtualbox is currently owned by oracle
now, but hopefully it remains free.  There is USB passthrough as well as
3D rendering if your host machine supports it - and I don't get annoyed
with it as much as I do vmware.

-Chris