SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2005

From:
Jaroslaw Polok <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jaroslaw Polok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 19:20:09 +0100
Christopher Dennis wrote:
> Could anyone let me know whether there are plans for continued support
> of the IA64 (Itanium 2) architecture in Scientific Linux?

We at CERN are supporting our SL variant (SLC3) for ia64 and will
certainly continue to do so.

> We have just
> acquired an Itanium machine, and I would like to know whether it is
> worth the effort installing, when as far as I can tell there haven't
> been IA64 binaries since 3.0.2.

Actually all the updates have been prepared and are in errata
repository.

As for rolling out SL 3.0.4 for ia64: so far the interest has been
minimal (well, actually none)

If there are user requests we could roll out 3.0.4 ...

Cheers

Jarek