SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2009

From:
"Eve V. E. Kovacs" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eve V. E. Kovacs
Date:
Fri, 17 Apr 2009 17:57:18 -0500
Hi,
Ever since I upgraded my systems from SL5.2 to SL5.3, I have been unable
to print correctly from these systems. Instead of getting normal
output, I get a page of postscript commands instead. The print jobs from
these SL5.3 systems are sent to a print server (which is SL4.7) which then
sends them off to the various printers. Interestingly, only HP printers
have this problem. We also have Canon printers. The jobs sent to
the Canon printers come out normally.
This must be a configuration issue..
Everything used to work when all were SL5.2
Does anyone know what changed and what I can do to fix it?
Thanks
Eve

Eve Kovacs
Argonne National Laboratory,