SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2013

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 2013 18:42:54 -0700
On 10/14/2013 04:20 PM, ToddAndMargo wrote:
> On 10/14/2013 04:18 PM, Yasha Karant wrote:
>> I now have built from source BlueGriffon for X86-64 SL6x, version
>> 1.7.2.99.20130729, Build 20131013142156, Codename 'Cla-de-Lue'
>>
>> I can provide detailed instructions or just a copy of both the mozconfig
>> file used for the build and the typescript of the building.
>>
>> I have had to add a few RPMs to SL6x from other distributions.  There
>> was a query on a different thread (same general topic, but a different
>> subject line) as to why I used a 5x CentOS RPM for one of the
>> dependencies of the build.  I could not find a 6x EL version.  The
>> application was not a systems application that would overwrite/override
>> other files, and seemed to be constrained with a unique identifier.  My
>> experience is that many EL 5 and even EL 4 applications still "work"
>> with EL 6, as did this.  Presumably, if the EL 6 version is available,
>> that too would work.
>>
>> Yasha Karant
>>

> Do you have a place to download the RPM?

I have the full directory as well as the built files -- but the source
code did not come with any obvious configuration/script software to
build a RPM.  Moreover, I do not have the personnel resources to support
this application for future updates, although I expect that the steps
that I did will work for such updates.

I have not built this for the IA-32 platform, only X86-64.  Is anyone
with an IA-32 SL6x development system willing to repeat the exercise to
produce an IA-32 platform version?

Can you supply the necessary information to build a RPM as well as
properly specify dependencies?

Yasha Karant