SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2010

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 2010 12:25:39 -0600
Rich Ercolani wrote:
> Hi world,
> I'm running some tests on SL6 alpha, and I'd like to use systemtap to
> instrument a few things on my running kernel.
>
> Unfortunately, as far as I can see, the 6rolling/archive/debuginfo direct
> ory
> appears to be quite empty.
>
> Are the debuginfo RPMs being built and not posted, or are they not being
> built
> for the alpha, and I get to rebuild my own kernel version to get debuginf
> RPMs?
>
> Thanks,
> - Rich Ercolani
> Sysadmin, Institute for Data-Intensive Engineering and Science, JHU

Hi,
They are being built, but not posted.  This wasn't on purpose, it was
the way were building and pulling the rpm's.  We just noticed we weren't
pulling the debugrpm's this week.
Alpha 3 (coming tomorrow) should have the debug rpm's.  If we have
scripts ready in time, I might be able to get them out there tonight,
but definably tomorrow.
Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/SCF/FEF/SLSMS Group