SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2005

From:
Tom Rockwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Rockwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:35:08 -0500
Hi,

I have SL303 on a dual-pii (this is the main server for a desktop linux
cluster, running NIS, Kerberos, Cupsd and running some SCSI drives for
/home, etc.).  I haven't seen any problems running the i686 kernel  -
should I expect any?  Was there a specific problem that led to the start
of this email topic?

/proc/cpuinfo on this machine reports Pentium II and uname -a reports
i686...

Cheers,
Tom