SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2005

From:
"David M. Cooke" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David M. Cooke
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 2005 10:07:07 -0400
I'm having an odd problem in Firefox.  I've been googling for a while
but can't find any other mention of this problem.

I'm using SL4.1 and firefox-1.0.6-1.4.1 and a MS Intellimouse optical
mouse.

When I'm viewing a web page the mouse scroll wheel scrolls down the page
just fine.  Scrolling up the page does not work correctly. When I try it
acts as if I've pressed both the right mouse button and the middle mouse
button; so I get a pop up menu and an attempt to load an URL consisting
of whatever my last X selection was (sometimes it will actually scroll
up too!).

All other applications I've tried so far work fine.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Any ideas what is causing it or how
to fix it?

--
David M. Cooke <[log in to unmask]>