SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2014

From:
Karel Lang AFD <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karel Lang AFD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 2014 13:48:58 +0100
Keith,
good you got it working :]
If i need info about laptops etc. i usually go here:
http://forum.notebookreview.com/

In the IBM / Lenovo subsection, there is lots ppl in the same boat -
liking / tinkering with old IBM laptops and there is a lot good topics
in this regard.

I'm in the same boat - i work mostly in unix / linux terminal and need
precise tool for it -> trackpoint + 3 hardware 'mouse' keys and good
resolution and good keyboard.

New Lenovo laps is a screwups with worse keyboard - oh my god, trackpad
- wth is this, what genius thought it out?
Next 'bright spot' generally is NVIDIA Optimus - OMDG ...

But enough rambling, i'll stay positive and keep my 6yrs old R61 too :]]

--
*Karel Lang*
*Unix/Linux Administration*