SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2014

From:
Paul Robert Marino <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Robert Marino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2014 11:36:24 -0400
its been years since I used it but you can try this
http://sourceforge.net/projects/libmtp/?source=navbar

it works to varying degrees with different devices. Ive usually been
able to use it to do the things I've needed too without too much
difficulty. I use to use it with my old MP3 payer ant it worked
reasonably well.
by the way libmtp-1.0.1 is included included in SL 6
if you want a newer version to support your device then you will have
to compile it.
By the way MTP for one device is not compatible with MTP for an other
its a crazy non standard pseudo protocol. So every time a new device
comes out the developers have to reverse engineer the support so if
you have a new device you will probably need the latest greatest
version.