SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2007

From:
Michael Mansour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Mansour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2007 10:19:42 +1000
Hi Miles,

> Stephen John Smoogen said...
>
> |Ok as far as I know there has been no official declaration that they
> |are open-sourcing the RHN server.
>
> AFAIK you are correct.  However...
>
> |There have been a couple of articles
> |about them having to do so at some point.. but that is speculation
> of |the authors not an announcement.
>
> Not unless an InfoWorld author is flat
> out lying.

http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2007/01/red_hat_to_open.html

I'm going to post this into the rhn-users mailing list on Monday and see what
RH say. The RH people that work on RHN day in and day out, are in that mailing
list and will either give us the flat yes or no we're looking for.

Regards,

Michael.

------- End of Original Message -------