SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2011

From:
Geoff Brozny <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Geoff Brozny <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2011 17:13:36 -0500
 Hello, is anyone else having any issues getting a 64 bit Windows 2008
 server guest working on the network? I'm using the bridged network on
 the host, and gso and tso are off. If I use the virtual Intel NIC on the
 Windows system, I can only get around 16k data transfer. Using the
 virtio NIC, I can get much better transfer speeds, but the problem is,
 after a few gig are transferred, the transfers pause for a few seconds,
 then resume, then eventually the Windows guest drops off the network,
 until I go into virt-manager, log into the windows guest, and disable,
 and re-enabled the network adapter, then all is well again, until I try
 to transfer another large file. To make things worse, I'm not getting
 any errors anywhere, no errors on the host, and the Windows system
 thinks its still connected to the network.. Does anyone have any
 suggestions on how to resolve this?

 thanks,

 geoff