SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2007

From:
Bill Feero <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Feero <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2007 08:28:57 -0500
I've just had to go through this. I thought that installing the tzdata update was
enough. But I also had to run timeconfig on some systems. I discovered that some
of my systems had /etc/localtime symlink'd to a zoneinfo file - those systems
did not need timeconfig. Other systems had /etc/localtime as a copy of the
zone file; on those I needed to run timeconfig.

I'm going to visit each system and make /etc/localtime a symlink.

FYI - the files in /usr/share/zoneinfo are hard linked to similar zone files,
i.e. US/Eastern & America/New_York are the same file.

Bill Feero

--
Bill Feero
Logical Solutions, Inc.