SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2015

From:
Steven Haigh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven Haigh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 2015 04:21:12 +1100
Configuation wise - it should be pretty much the same. I haven't changed
my config template for *many* years and it still works with SL6 and Xen
4.5.0.

If you followed the best practices back in the day, you used LVM as the
storage method and have an LV for each DomU that you run.

The only real thing to remember is that the boot= config line doesn't do
what you think - ie boot=c will boot from the disk - boot=d is from CD.
Something that remains legacy from inception based on well, in DOS, the
HDD is C: and the cd drive is D: ;)

In all honesty though, if you're deploying new stuff, I'd use EL6 as a
base and start with my guide:
	http://xen.crc.id.au/support/guides/install/

You can use Xen 4.4 by installing the xen44 package, xen 4.5 is still in
the testing repositories and installed via the xen45 package.