SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2005

From:
Steve Traylen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Traylen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 10:25:33 +0000
On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 09:58:05AM +1000 or thereabouts, Michael Mansour wrote:
> Hi Ping,
>
> > Hello,
> >
> >      I'm wondering if there should be a /etc/scientific-release file
> > instead of /etc/redhat-release?

I think the only thing that really needs to be correct  is

# lsb_release -d

It is worth mentioning that LCG middleware intends to make use of this
command to publish the operating system. Having this command work and publish
something sensible is important to this. What it publishes now is just fine.

Technically it should be  a

with a lower case 'r' in release but this is not important.

  Steve

--
Steve Traylen
http://www.gridpp.ac.uk/