SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2011

From:
Vaclav Mocek <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vaclav Mocek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2011 18:52:21 +0000
Hello Sen,

not sure, but I think that the new Lenovo Thinkpad T410s is a laptop
with the hybrid graphics (NVIDIA Optimus). It means lots of problems,
because Nvidia has no intention to support it in Linux. As far as know,
there is no workable solution yet, except disabling of the Nvidia card
in BIOS.

Good places to start:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=188184

http://linux-hybrid-graphics.blogspot.com

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-6392405.html?sid=3aa6992b33ba45578a93e4d9a2b82087

Good Luck, I have given it up after three days, better to avoid hybrid
graphics.

BR

Vaclav M.