SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2008

From:
"Colm G. Connolly" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colm G. Connolly
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2008 15:23:25 +0100
On 30 Jul 2008, at 15:09, Christopher Hunter wrote:

> FYI for any scilinux + LDAP users
>
> Latest errata update for nss_ldap is missing file /lib64/security/
> pam_ldap.so
>
> Ldap users are unable to authenticate on 64bit SL4 machines.
>
> Our quickfix was to revert to nss_ldap-226-20 and add nss_ldap rpm
> package it to yum.excludes.

The alternative is to leave it installed but to
cd /lib64/security/
ln -sf ../../lib/security/pam_ldap.so

that got things working for me earlier today. It seems that
pam_ldap.so has ended up in the wrong directory.

Regards,
--
Dr Colm G. Connolly
School of Psychology and Institute of Neuroscience

Please note that electronic mail to, from or within the Trinity
College Dublin, may be the
subject of a request under the Freedom of Information Act.