SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2007

From:
Miles O'Neal <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miles O'Neal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2007 17:12:05 -0500
We started a 4.4 migration a few months ago for our
compute servers but are just now moving the desktops.

My desktop system is working great except that the
mouse (an older, three button PS2 Logitech MouseMan)
has issues.

TUV or someone changed the mouse driver support
between 304 and 44.  There are hardly any Logitech
entries any more, so I picked the Generic 3 Buttom
Mouse (PS/2) option.

This mostly works, but the cursor seems to resist
moving onto window grab handles (I use GNOME at the
moment, but switch between that and KDE to support
my users), and every once in a while it just goes
nuts, flying randomly around the srceen no matter
how I move it, acting like I'm holding down a button.
It was fine until I moved to 44.  The problem started
that day, and happens from once to thrice a day,

This mouse is the only type that really fits my hand
well, so I really don't want to change.  (I even have
a couple of spares at home.)

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Miles