SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2005

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2005 19:35:17 -0600
Hi,
I can't comment on the firewall section, but the installation method is
actually done on purpose.  It wasn't my decision but RedHat's.  I'm not
positive about the reasoning, but I believe it is because the kickstart
file can be used for any type of installation.  So even if you did a CD
install, you could still use it as a network install, such as NFS or ftp.