SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2013

From:
"~Stack~" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
~Stack~
Date:
Sat, 7 Dec 2013 16:41:15 -0600
On 12/04/2013 07:03 PM, Bluejay Adametz wrote:
>> I am looking up the firmware versions for this box now. I am not hopeful
>> that I will find a newer firmware for this old of a system though.
>> Still, totally worth the try! :-)
>
> I maintain racks of DL380 G4s, and have found recent firmware at
> http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/products/service_pack/spp/index.aspx
>
> Download the DVD, boot it, and see what you got.

Thanks for the link! So I discovered that my dvd drive for the DL360 no
longer works. I called a friend who has quite the graveyard and we dug
up another one. :-)

Got that installed just a short while ago. When I boot from the CD and
select the auto install it takes a while, kicks back a few errors then
reboots. I booted into the manual installation instead. It drops me to a
command line prompt with an error about not being able to launch X. I am
guessing it doesn't like this old ATI chipset.

I poked around and didn't see any command line documentation. Any idea
on how to run the driver installation from the command line off this disc?

Thanks!
~Stack~