SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2008

From:
Tore Brinck <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tore Brinck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2008 14:13:12 +0200
Thanks! The library installs fine. However, when running gaussview I
instead get the following

.../gv/gview: error while loading shared libraries: libXft.so.1:

I found some suggestions on the web to link to the newer version of
the library

  ln -s libXft.so.2 libXft.so.1

However, this does not work since I then get the message

.../gv/gview: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1:
undefined symbol: FT_Get_BDF_Property

Can I install libXft.so.1 in some straightforward way, or is
something else missing?

Regards,

Tore