SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2005

From:
John Hanks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 16:40:05 -0600
On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 17:30 -0500, Gregory Harris wrote:
> Nope, just plain OptiPlex GX280's.  Integrated graphics cards,
> integrated NICs, integrated sound.  All of them have the DVI
> conversion adapter installed on them though, which the flat panels
> use but the CRTs don't.  It seems to take forever to boot, but the
> network adapter does get brought up but I can' t ping the systems
> remotely.

I don't know if it is related to the problem you are seeing, but after
updating one of my systems to SL 4.1 and getting the new default kernel,
it refused to start the iptables service. I spent a little time tracking
it to the ip_conntrack module not loading correctly but switched back to
a custom kernel I have built rather than trying to fix the problems with
the SL one.

jbh

John Hanks
Utah State University