SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2008

From:
Salvador Aguinaga <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Salvador Aguinaga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2008 11:39:50 -0500
Hello slUsers:
I installed Boron on Thinkpad X41 (not the tablet) and I have a
less--than-optimal analog viewsonic display that likes to be driven at
1440x900 resolution.

The default system-config-display tool doesn't handle this external
LCD correctly.
I've edited my xorg.conf, but the screens still appear as "Clones" I
want to have them independent.  And the Viewsonic VA1716W shows a
distorted screen.  3/4 of the screen is officially displayed, but the
actual view is the entire screen!  so 3/w of the way down I have the
SL gnome lower window bar
Does anyone have any recommendations to address this issue?
Below is a link to the screen.

serpentinista.blospot.com

// salvador
// Northwestern University