SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2007

From:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2007 13:17:41 +0100
On Mon, 26 Mar 2007, Troy Dawson wrote:

> Hi Jon,
> I don't know if this matters or not, but these are the changes we make to the
> SL4 thunderbird source rpm in order for it to compile and work on SL3.
>
> -#sw start
> -sed -i 's/enable-pango/disable-pango/' .mozconfig
> -#sw end
>
> So, you see that we only disable pango when it's being compiled.  But that
> doesn't look like the problem you are having.

Indeed it doesn't seem very likely does it!

> Are you sure that the SL3 machine has it's timezone and glibc up to date?

I tested it on another SL3 machine and got the same results (crashing in
the same place), on that I have:

$ rpm -q tzdata glibc seamonkey seamonkey-nss thunderbird
tzdata-2006m-3.el3
glibc-2.3.2-95.44
seamonkey-1.0.8-0.2.SL3
seamonkey-nss-1.0.8-0.2.SL3
thunderbird-1.5.0.10-0.1.SL3

which I believe are current for SL3.0.8 though I suppose I might have
missed something.  On the SL4 system we have:

$ rpm -q tzdata glibc seamonkey seamonkey-nss thunderbird
tzdata-2006m-3.el4
glibc-2.3.4-2.25
seamonkey-1.0.8-0.2.el4
seamonkey-nss-1.0.8-0.2.el4
thunderbird-1.5.0.10-0.1.el4

btw both the SL3 and SL4 machines are i386 arch since I forgot to say
before.

> Also, does he have the new seamonkey that just came out last week.  The one
> before it broke evolution, gaim, and potentionally other things, maybe by
> some freak chance, it broke lightning as well.

Yup we have the new seamonkey{-nss,} etc, setting LD_ASSUME_KERNEL also
makes no difference so it seems unlikely to be an issue with the nptl
libraries.

--
Jon Peatfield,  Computer Officer,  DAMTP,  University of Cambridge
Mail:  [log in to unmask]     Web:  http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/