SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2015

From:
ToddAndMargo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ToddAndMargo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 May 2015 23:32:41 -0700
Hi All,

Cross Over Office does run 32 bit apps in SL 7.1
but does not run Lotus Approach. :'(

But Wine 1.7.x does.

And I figured out how to make Wine 32 work in SL 7.1.  I
followed gcomes directions:

https://www.centos.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=49542&p=223233#p223233

and documented as I went for SL 7.  There are some differences.

Since gcomes writing got used with reckless abandon, I have
posted to gcomes asking his permission to post my Scientific
Linux HowTo to Wine and others.

If I his get permission (I know I don't have to, but it is good
form), I will post here.

Anyone have any specific questions, drop me a line.

-T

Wine 32 runs pretty nicely in SL 7.1

--
Computers are like air conditioners.