SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2007

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2007 08:37:01 -0500
Mani A wrote:
> Hello,
>          I have a problem with the SL-5.0 installer on a X86 system
> with multiple IDE hard disks with dos partition tables (multiple
> primaries). The installer speaks of not being able to inform the
> kernel of changes to the first logical of the extended partition of
> hdb.  Parted (1.8.6 for e.g) has no problems. This looks like a bug
> with Anaconda. Any workarounds ? (Basically the python script using
> the parted library must be avoided )
>
> Thanks
>

> A. Mani
> Member, Cal. Math. Soc

When does this error come up?
When you are at the partitioning area? Or when it is actually formatting the disks?
This is something we haven't seen before.
Also, are you doing auto-partitioning, manual, ... how are you partitioning?
And lastly, are you running any pre-install scripts?  Or doing a <Alt>-F2 and
doing anything there during the install?

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group