SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2011

From:
Christopher Tooley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christopher Tooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Nov 2011 15:46:26 -0800
On 2011-11-07, at 10:53 AM, Yasha Karant wrote:

> This was the exact procedure that I requested from the SL support staff
> -- using the bootable install DVD for SL 6 to update a SL 5 system, and
> was told that such a procedure is not recommended and is not supported
> as one of the options presented in the SL 6 installation GUI.
>
> Would you kindly supply the exact steps using the SL 6 bootable install DVD?

Hrm, I find that peculiar, it has been an option in the past. I can understand if it's not recommended, but as far as I know it's present as an option in about the first or second screen of the anakonda installer.  Perhaps they were thinking about the liveCD and not the installation media?

I cannot confirm this as I usually just wipe and install the OS, perhaps someone else with recent experience can supply this information?

-Chris