SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2011

Date:
Tue, 2 Aug 2011 13:25:17 -0400
FWIW, the systems I'm having this problem with are Zotac IONITX-A-U
boards (http://www.zotacusa.com/zotac-ionitx-a-u-atom-n330-1-6ghz-dual-core-mini-itx-intel-motherboard.html).

Since, as I described, loading the forcedeth driver in SL61 makes
/sbin/loader SIGSEGV, I would not be surprised if it was a driver
probing issue with either forcedeth or ath_pci or one of its
dependencies - probably something stranger, since the FMV-A8260 has a
Marvell 1000BASE-T chip and an Atheros wifi chip, but loading just
forcedeth without ath_pci in play causes it to die, so...

- Rich