SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2012

From:
Jeff Siddall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Siddall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2012 17:57:37 -0400
Not to bash tools like cpio, tar and mt, but one of the coolest pieces
of software out there has to be BackupPC.  Huge cheap magnetic disks
combined with the compression and file pooling capabilities of BackupPC
makes it hard for me to imagine going back to tapes.

Just last week I restored an entire 1.5 GB LTSP client image from a
backup made a few months ago, all in a matter of a few minutes with no
digging for tapes.

Jeff