SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2005

From:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:37:50 -0600
Tom,

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Tom Rockwell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 1 read on the net that RHEL4 is expected in about 2 weeks and their beta
> is available now at

You must have read a different place than I did.  Info that I read says
the release day is February 14.  That is alot longer than 2 weeks.

> ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/beta/nahant-beta2/ If I wanted to
> try 2.6 kernel and all that

It is a public beta straight from RedHat.  You do not have to wait for us
to test it.  It is old though, from the beginning of November.

> is there an SL4 beta coming soon?  What is the timeline for SL4 release?

There was no beta of the beta as it was a beta.  Things will change.  No
need to fix things that we have no control over.  I did build the rpms
from SRPMS that were in the beta just to make sure I could.

As soon as RedHat releases RHEL4 SRPMS I will compare the rpms that I have
build from the above mentioned beta and replace with the new ones.  After
that will release as a alpha.

> Thanks,
> Tom

-connie