SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2004

Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 09:32:11 -0500
Hello all,

I'm looking to buy some hardware to set up a little farm for doing data
analysis and numerical computation.  We've been conservative and used mostly
Pentium-4 desktop workstations.  But, I'm curious about the SMP Opterons.  I
hear mainly good things about them in the press.  I'd like to hear what you
have to say.  Recommendations, gotchas, that sort of thing...  Also, your
favorite vendors.

Thanks!

Ken