SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2013

From:
"Reddick Darren (HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE INFORMATION CENTRE - X26)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Reddick Darren (HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE INFORMATION CENTRE - X26)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2013 14:32:06 +0100
Hi,
Thanks for the reply (and to your reply Ken The) Yes. It's a package for Enterprise Linux systems from Oracle. You are right that I could go and get the python-simplejson from Scientific Linux. This issue is also affecting another 3rd party package (ovm-template-config-3.0-71.el5.noarch.rpm also from Oracle) which wont be available from the Scientific repository so I would like to try and get a workaround sorted.

Like I said I had no problems installing this on the RHEL and OEL equivalents. The only difference I can see being in a minor difference in the version of python installed:

RHEL and OEL 6.3 :
python.x86_64                    2.6.6-29.el6_3.3

Scientific 6.3 :
python.x86_64                    2.6.6-29.el6_2.2

The output from "rpm -q --provides python | grep abi" on all 3 systems:

RHEL, OEL and Scientific 6.3 :
python(abi) = 2.6
python-abi = 2.6

This seems to imply that the installation should fail on all 3 systems as the package requires python(abi) = 2.4. Yet it succeeds on the non-Scientific Linux systems?!!? I have also tried the install using rpm.

Thanks,
Darren