SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2004

From:
Perret Yannick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 2004 11:33:43 +0200
Hello,

I was buildin some RPMs from SRPMs on a SL3.02 i386.
In particular I was working on the bcm5700 driver which
is present over the CERN site in SL.

The new RPM builds without problems, but the corresponding
kernel module failed to load due to unresolved symbols.
I check that it uses configs/kernel-{version}-{arch}[smp].config
in the kernel source tree before doing the make oldconfig and so.
If I replace the corresponding config files by the one installed
in /boot.

And the builded module works fine.

So the conclusion is that the config file given in the linux
source tree does not correspond to the one used to compile
the kernel.
So is there a way to indicate to 'rpmbuild' that we want to
use a specific config file ?
Or am I doing something wrong ?

Note: the machine on which I done these builds is "out of the box",
just after a fresh installation.

Regards,
--
Yannick Perret