SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2005

From:
Lucian Stroe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lucian Stroe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2005 11:17:41 -0500
Hi all,

I recently got a Toshiba Satellite on which I just installed SL 4.0. The
problem is about the network connection: it discovered very well the
wireless (Intel Corp. PRO/Wireless 2200BG) but not the Ethernet card, which
is a Marvell Yukon 88E8036 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller.

I tried to find some help on the net, and it seemed I got it: go to
www.sysconnect.com, download the driver, compile, then recompile the kernel,
etc., etc... a long procedure which in fact fails at the "make clean
bzImage" phase of the kernel compilation... I can't copy-paste the error
messages, but essentially what I understand is that:

arch/i386/kernel/asm_offsets.s: No such file or directory

Any help from the worldwide users? Or at least a suggestion for how to solve
the Ethernet card problem?

Thanks so much,

Lucian STROE.