SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2010

From:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2010 15:39:33 -0600
Larry,

Could you elaborate on this.  I'm having trouble following what exactly
you are trying to accomplish.  If you want to provide a web interface to
a mysql database using php, this is certainly possible.  You'll need
apache, php, php-mysql all installed and functioning.  If you've written
your php properly and have apache set correctly, the php will be
interpreted and executed by apache when the clients visit, with your
script outputting html back to the client.

I lose you when you say it will not execute, and then talk about the
browser interface.  Have you checked apache's error logs? Are you trying
to get the php to run on each client?  If so, then a web browser is not
the way to go, unless you write a java applet to handle this, which will
end up sandboxed.

Cheers,
Mark

--