SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2011

From:
Bluejay Adametz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bluejay Adametz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Apr 2011 18:33:35 -0400
> What kinds of
> business prefer Linux?

While some equipment vendors seem to push Windows, the locally-built
manufacturing-control applications on the servers I support are
predominantly Linux-based. If it just has to run (or large chunks of
machinery comes to a grinding halt - perhaps literally), then you want
... well, you probably want VMS, but the Next Best Thing in my mind is
Linux.

And rather than deal with different distributions, I run SL on my
workstations and home machines.

                 - Bluejay Adametz, CFII, A&P, AA-5B N45210

Predestination was doomed from the start.

NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, is only for the use of
information, or information otherwise protected from disclosure by law.
hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying, dissemination or
distribution of this message or any of its attachments is strictly
prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please contact the
sender immediately by reply email and destroy this message, including all
attachments, and any copies thereof.