SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2010

From:
James Fait <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Fait <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2010 16:54:39 -0600
On Thu, 2010-12-09 at 16:31 -0500, Larry Linder wrote:
> Have a nice set of <html> interfaces for humans.  Planed to use php scripts to
> insert data into data base.   However there is a catch to this scheme the php
> is a server side script and will not execute - or at least I couldn't get it
> to run under a brouser interface.
>
> Have been looking at "wxpython"
>
> Any sugestions other than shoot myself.
>
> Thanks
> Larry Linder

Unfortunately, there is not an easy way to do this short of installing a
web server on the local machine to host the php scripts.  However,
wxPython is a very viable interface to use for this type of interaction,
and python has a reasonable mySQL interface.  There is a good interface
builder for wxWidgets, including wxPython, called wxGlade, that will do
the messy stuff of layout, etc. for you, so all that you do is write the
logic behind the GUI.  wxGlade is available at
http://wxglade.sourceforge.net .

Hope this helps.

Jim

--