SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2005

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:41:35 -0600
[log in to unmask] wrote:
> Thanks for the info!
>
> Any idea about the current life-expectancy of 304 as far as updates go
> (especially security updates)?

https://www.scientificlinux.org/about/future

I'll just quote it.

------------------
Long Term Support
Scientific Linux has plans to do security updates for 3 years from the
initial release of an Enterprise product. So for the Scientific Linux
3.0.x line, we plan on doing security updates for 3 years from the
release of Enterprise 3. When we get close to the end of that we will
make a more exact date.
There is a caveat to the above statement. This is just a plan. We do
not, and cannot, guarantee our plan. There are too many factors for us
to guarantee it. One of the possibilities is that the source rpm's from
the Enterprise release will become unavailable. There are other factors
that also may prevent a guarantee.

So basically the support for 301, 302, 303, 304, 30x, will all end at
the same time.
Will it be longer than three years?  Maybe, but we can't really say
until that time comes.
Will it be less than three years? We hope not.

Troy

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468