SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2015

From:
David Sommerseth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Sommerseth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 2015 16:29:25 +0100

Gee ... if you look at netstat, I'm sure you'd notice that systemd
is listening to that port.  I'm sure any responsible sysadmin will
always double check which ports are truly open.  In addition, there
is firewalling which any responsible sysadmin would not ignore to
ensure is properly configured.

The advantage is that no system resources are spent on processes
not being actively in use.  Yes, it requires another mindset.  But
those who depend on evaluating system security primarily based on
the output of 'ps' does a fairly poor job.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth