SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2012

From:
Vladimir Mosgalin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vladimir Mosgalin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2012 21:24:25 +0400
Hello everybody.

I've just installed SL6.3 with default gnome desktop on laptop (using
default partitioning and encryption options, with encrypted LVM VG) and
it displays whole disk LVM PV ("500 GB Hard Disk: 500 GB LVM2 Physical
Volume") in "Places" menu and also when opening "Computer".

Obviously this is useless, also annoying because it asks for password
("Authentication is required to mount this device") when clicking it. I
don't even want to try entering password because I doubt it's a good
idea to "mount" main system LVM PV!

I need to give this notebook to another person who isn't linux expert,
so I need a mean to disable this in order not to confuse him. Quick
googling didn't help.. Does anyone know a way to completely rid of
mention of this LVM PV?

--

Vladimir