SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2015

From:
"~Stack~" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
~Stack~
Date:
Tue, 5 May 2015 17:10:35 -0500
On 05/05/2015 03:29 PM, Jim Campbell wrote:
> On Tue, May 5, 2015, at 01:02 AM, ToddAndMargo wrote:
[snip]
>> Any other ways around Adobe's outdated flash plugin?

> If you want to watch Flash videos, though, probably the safest bet is to
> install Google Chrome, which embeds a "Pepper" flash-compatible plugin [0].

There is a internal website at my job that /requires/ flash and that I
need to access. I tried all kinds of things from installing from random
repos to rolling my own build for all kinds of alternatives. Chrome was
the only thing that worked for me. Then Google ditched RHEL6 support and
I had people angry at me for running an "outdated" browser. That is when
I stumbled on this:

http://chrome.richardlloyd.org.uk/

I know it has gotten both praise and hate on this list, but it works
really well for me and it keeps my Chrome up to date. I loath Adobe, I
prefer Firefox, and I can count all the sites I visit w/ Chrome on one
hand...but for those few sites I gotta have flash. :-/

Hopefully it works just as well for you.