SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2011

From:
Tom Rockwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Rockwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Dec 2011 21:55:18 -0500
Hi,

I've been having an odd problem with emacs the last several days...
When opening emacs as a standalone xwindow, the menu buttons would
either fail to load or load very slowly and application would be
unresponsive to mouse input (couldn't even shut it down with the mouse).

An "strace" showed repeated system call failures (I have a copy if needed).

Eventually I realized that that icewm had been updated and that
downgrading back to 1.2.37 resolved the problem.  The environment giving
the problem is a bit odd in that the Linux box is running neatx and I'm
connecting via nomachine OSX client, I didn't try to test or reproduce
in a pure SL X11 environment.  The Linux host is SL5.3 x64.

-Tom Rockwell