SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2014

From:
ToddAndMargo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ToddAndMargo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2014 20:53:59 -0700
On 04/10/2014 07:45 AM, Paul Robert Marino wrote:
> Keep in mind PCI compliance is a CYA exersize more than any thing else.

Hi Paul,

I tell my customers it is not about security, it is
about liability shifting.  From the card processor
to you.  That gets their attention.  If they can't
prove "Due Diligence" they might as well declare
bankruptcy.

Still, most just blow it off.  And it is the Law in
this state (Nevada) too.

And, I am getting really tired of quoting the SAQs (self
assessments questionnaires) to card processors.  The
one shining light is Pay Pros, who are deadly serious
about it.  Love working with them.

-T

--
Computers are like air conditioners.