SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2005

From:
Daniel Widyono <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel Widyono <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 23:54:37 -0500
> I am now researching using ABE from RedHat.

Wow, thanks for that great pointer!  The 'ddkit' itself will be a godsend.
This will certainly help with things such as OpenIPMI integration on Dell
Poweredge 1850's, etc. whenever the kernel gets updated by RH.

> Am hoping that it can be used by other Scientific Linux
> developers to make building easier for them and thus get more help.

Once you have established documentation on how others can help (and ABE helps
simplify such documentation), this ought to be a large boost.  I certainly
have been waiting for this kind of opportunity (x86_64, ia32, ia32e).

Dan W.