SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2011

From:
Keith Lofstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2011 07:45:56 -0800
I know how to exclude packages from automatic yum updates,
but how do I exclude single files?

In this case, /etc/X11/xorg.conf .  I am using the fglrx driver,
which although closed source (sigh) is about 20x faster (glxgears)
than the open source r500 driver for ATI graphics chips.
The update package for x11 wants to update xorg.conf for me,
and force me to use r500, bless its pointy little head.

I can probably set xorg.conf to read only and chattr it to
immutable, but yum might get vexed, now or after some future
update of yum itself.

Keith

--
Keith Lofstrom          [log in to unmask]         Voice (503)-520-1993