SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2005

From:
Jean-Michel Barbet <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jean-Michel Barbet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2005 17:18:06 +0200
Alan J. Flavell wrote:
>>Anyway, in /etc/cups/ppd/myprinter.ppd, I have the following :
>>
>>*OpenUI *Duplex/Double-Sided Printing: PickOne
>>*DefaultDuplex: None
>>*Duplex DuplexNoTumble/Long Edge (Standard): ""
>>*Duplex DuplexTumble/Short Edge (Flip): ""
>>*Duplex None/Off: ""
>>*CloseUI: *Duplex
>

> It's not clear to me whether this is telling the server that your
> printer has double-sided capability or not.  The "Configure Printer"
> web page on the server *should* offer the ability to tailor this, if
> it's working the way that our Kyo PPD file does.  If the driver does
> not believe that the printer has this capability, I don't think it
> will honour requests to use it.

I think the above simply defines what should be shown in UIs when
specifying options. This list corresponds to what is presented in :

- the CUPS administation web interface "configure printer"
- the available options in xpp (works)
- the available options in OpenOffice (does not work)

I will make the test of suppressing one of the options and
look at these lists to see if they reflect the change.

But again, I think the problem is more on OO's side. This is
like if it was not able to put the right code in its Postscript
output...

JM

Jean-michel BARBET                    | Tel: +33 (0)2 51 85 84 86
Laboratoire SUBATECH Nantes France    | Fax: +33 (0)2 51 85 84 79
CNRS-IN2P3/Ecole des Mines/Universite | E-Mail: [log in to unmask]