SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2013

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2013 20:37:32 -0800
We are attempting to get the Nvidia 3D stereoscopic system operational
under x86-64 SL 6x.  We have been successful for this in the past using
OpenSuSE and the Nvidia proprietary X11 driver (expunging nouveau) on
the same hardware platform.
The xorg.conf file from the Nvidia application does include the syntax:

Option "Stereo" 10

NVIDIA 3D Vision mode for use with NVIDIA 3D Vision glasses. The NVIDIA
3D Vision infrared emitter must be
connected to a USB port of your computer, and to the 3-pin DIN connector
of a Quadro graphics board (based on
G8xGL or higher GPU) before starting the X server. Hot-plugging the USB
infrared stereo emitter is not yet
supported. Also, 3D Vision Stereo Linux support requires a Linux kernel
built with USB device filesystem (usbfs)
and USB 2.0 support.

End quote Nvidia configuration manual.

Is anyone using this Nvidia system?  The emitter is not going "green".
Is there a test application to verify that stereo 3D actual is working?

Note that 2D X-11 is working, including gnome and KDE.

Yasha Karant