SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2009

From:
Andy Mastbaum <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andy Mastbaum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Aug 2009 13:21:14 -0400
Not the flagellate the subject any further, but it seems you'd want to
put something minimal but with cutting-edge hardware support (i.e.
netbook-specific)* on the netbook and SSH into the "real"
computer/server that's running SL.

A typical netbook isn't (and shouldn't be!) a reasonable
computation/analysis platform... it's a mobile client. Just because you
can, doesn't mean you should?

Andy

*http://www.ubuntulinux.org/getubuntu/download-netbook